Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content


Welcome to Republic Services in Klickatat County

Look to us, rely on us for solid waste and recycling solutions. Your local team at Republic Services is devoted to meeting your needs every day. We’re dedicated to providing cost-effective garbage collection, recycling and solid waste disposal solutions for your home, business or government entity.

Klickitat County Information

Visit the links below for more information about services and events in your area.

Klickitat Facts and FAQs


  • Each customer outside of the City of White Salmon must provide their own 32 gallon-size can with 2 handles.
  • White Salmon residents are provided a 35, 65 or 95 gallon cart.
  • Recycling is free for residential customers. Use the provided blue recycling bags. Commercial customers use totes and are charged a fee.
  • Transfer stations are open from 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
  • We accept the following materials for free at all three transfer stations: glass, metal, sharps, appliances, household hazardous waste, batteries.
  • Proper disposal of sharps and related medical waste is critical to the safety of you and your community. We offer convenient free container exchange of sharps containers at the Republic Services Transfer Stations in Klickitat County. Sharps are accepted in appropriate containers. The sharps program is free for all of Klickitat County households. You may obtain an empty sharps container free of charge at any of the transfer stations. When full, it may be returned to the transfer station free of charge Tuesday through Saturday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Do not dispose of sharps in your trash.
  • Motor oil is accepted at the Goldendale Transfer Station on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. Oil recycling is limited to 5 gallons per day per household.
  • E-waste (TVs, computers, monitors & eReaders) is accepted at the Goldendale Transfer Station.
  • Klickitat County residents and businesses may recycle up to 10 fluorescent lights (CFLs), fluorescent tubes & high intensity discharge (HID) bulbs per day for free by dropping them off at one of the transfer stations in Klickitat County. Also accepted are accidentally broken lights, in sealed containers, such as a plastic bag. Additional information may be obtained at


Can I recycle plastic grocery bags?

Yes, bundle them into one bag, tie a knot and put in your recycle container.

Is polystyrene, such as styrofoam, recyclable?

Polystyrene must be bagged and placed in the garbage.

What do I do with food scraps if I don’t have any yard debris?

Bag your food scraps and place in the garbage.

Where is the transfer station?

Goldendale, Dallesport, and BZ Corners. You can find their hours and contact information on our drop off locations map on the Home Page.

What is the hazardous waste fee?

All three transfer stations accept household hazardous waste free of charge.

How many months am I billed for?

Customer selects monthly or quarterly billing.

Can I put small animals in the garbage?

Double bag and place in garbage.

What do I do with shredded paper?

Put in separate tied plastic bag with secure knot or in a paper bag; then put in recycle.

Can animal waste go in the yard debris container?

No, it needs to be bagged and placed in the garbage container (double-bagged is preferred).

What time do I have to have my containers out?

Set out your containers by 7:00 a.m.

What holidays will affect my pick up day?

New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving.

If your collection falls on or after that holiday your pick-up day will be delayed by one day during that work week. (If New Year’s Day falls on Monday, those normally collected on Monday will be collected on Tuesday; Tuesday customers will be collected on Wednesday; Wednesday customers will be collected on Thursday; Thursday customers will be collected on Friday, and Friday customers will be collected on Saturday.)

Are window glass and mirrors recyclable?

No. They must be bagged and placed in your garbage container.

Are plastic CD covers recyclable?

No. CDs and CD covers are non-recyclable.

What do I do with excess yard waste and dirt, rock or sod?

It can be disposed of at any of the Republic Transfer Stations for a fee.