Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

With the onset of COVID-19, and the health concerns taking place in our communities, we want to keep you updated with precautions we're taking at Republic Services. We are still running all collection routes at this time. We have concerns with loose materials around carts and containers. For all involved, we are implementing temporary guidelines to protect our employees, customers, and our communities.  
Effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 
  • Due to health concerns for the public and our drivers, we will only collect trash stored in Republic carts or personally owned cans. Extra trash must be bagged or stored in an additional cart or can. 
  • If you have extra recycling or yard waste, it must be in a cart or can. We will not collect any loose/bundled/bagged material outside a cart or can.
  • In addition, we are suspending all bulky waste collections until further notice. 
  • Due to health concerns for the public and our drivers, we will only collect trash stored in your container, and trash outside of the container that is bagged. Any trash outside the container that is not bagged will not be collected. 
  • If you have recycling, our drivers will only collect recycling that is stored inside your container. We will not collect any recycling outside your container.


Welcome to Republic Services in Bellevue

Your local team at Republic Services is devoted to meeting your needs every day. We’re dedicated to providing cost-effective garbage collection, recycling and solid waste disposal solutions for your home, business or government entity.

Customer Service Call Center
Residential: 425-452-4762
Commercial: 425-646-2492
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 8am-5pm

In-City Recycling Drop-off Center
Located at Republic Services Customer Care Center
1600 127th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005
Hours: Monday - Saturday 10am - 4pm
Accepted Items for Drop Off*

Bellevue Residential Information

Visit the links below for more information about services and events in your area.

Rates & Schedules

Schedule a pickup, find your rates, pay your bill, discover new services - and make a difference. Download a printable guide that shows what goes in your cart along with helpful schedules for pickup. You can get all the answers you need about schedules, rates, and guidelines fit for your area.


Recycling, Organics, and Garbage Brochures

In order to better serve all of our customers we offer our recycling posters and guidelines in 7 different languages in addition to English. We strive to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information we can to our customers. The posters below offer valuable information about garbage, organics, recycling, expanded recycling, call for pick-up and hazardous waste guidelines.

Single Family & Multifamily Guides

Commercial Recycling Posters

Every year, Americans recycle more than 87 million tons. Unfortunately, not everything placed in a recycle bin is ready to be recycled. Sometimes, perfectly good items (like paper) are ruined because other items are wet or soiled. Contaminated recycling hurts the environment. What can you do? Remember: Empty, Clean, Dry

Empty, Clean, Dry

Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers to your questions about Republic Services waste and recycling services for Bellevue.

How much food and yard waste can I put out and not be charged extra?

Six 32-gallon units (for example, one 96-gallon food and yard waste container, plus three extra Kraft bags or 32-gallon cans).

Can I recycle plastic grocery bags?

Do not place plastic bags in your curbside bins for recycling. The best way to recycle your plastic bags and plastic film is to bundle them, clean and dry, in one bag and bring them to a store that collects them for recycling. Visit King County's Bag Your Bags – Bring 'Em Back! website to find participating locations near you.

Is Styrofoam recyclable?

Styrofoam must be bagged and placed in the garbage. Single-family and multi-family residents can drop off Styrofoam blocks only, no packing peanuts, at the In-City Recycling Center located at 1600 – 127th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005.

What do I do with food scraps if I don’t have an Organics container?

Residential customers all have green food and yard containers to compost food scraps and yard debris. If you live in an apartment, condo, or are looking to add organics service for your business, please have your property manager or the account holder request an organics container. Organics service is embedded in the fee for garbage. Please call 425-646-2492 to request up to two 96 gallon organics containers per garbage dumpster at no additional charge. Most City of Bellevue residents are eligible to receive a free kitchen food waste container! See details here

Where is the transfer station?

Click here to link to King County Transfer Station website.

Can I recycle plastic pots? (Used for plants)

Yes. Clean them (no dirt, foil, wrappings) and place in your blue recycle container.

What numbers are recyclable?

Not all plastics with a number are recyclable – go by shape instead of looking at the number. You can recycle clean, empty and dry plastic bottles, tubs, jugs, and cups.

What is the hazardous waste fee?

It is a Washington State Mandatory fee typically applied to businesses that generate dangerous waste. Businesses can find more information here. For further questions, visit King County’s Hazardous Waste Help site.

How many months am I billed for?

Every 3 months for a single-family customer, and monthly for multi-family and commercial customers.

Can I put deceased small animals in the garbage?

Double bag and place in garbage. Animal must weigh 15 pounds or less. Animals weighing more than 15 pounds need to be taken to a rendering plant, veterinary clinic, animal shelter, pet cemetery or buried on the owner’s property. You can find more information and options here

What do I do with shredded paper?

No plastic pieces, if shredded paper contains plastic, place in garbage. Otherwise, you may place it unbagged in your Organics container.

Can animal waste go in the Organics container?

No, it needs to be bagged and placed into the garbage container (double bagged, preferred).

What time do I have to have my containers out?

All containers should be at the curb no later than 7:00 am

What holidays will affect my pick up day?

Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. If your collection falls on or after that day during the collection week, your pick-up day will shift to the following day, excluding Sundays. (If New Year’s Day falls on Monday, those normally collected on Monday will be collected on Tuesday; Tuesday customers will be collected on Wednesday; Wednesday customers will be collected on Thursday; Thursday customers will be collected on Friday, and Friday customers will be collected on Saturday.)

Can I put wood waste in the Organics waste container and how much?

Small amounts of untreated wood can go into your Organics container only.

Are window glass and mirrors recyclable?

No. They must be bagged and placed in your garbage container.

Are plastic CD covers recyclable?

No. The CD itself is also not recyclable.

What do I do with excess yard waste and dirt, rock or sod?

Cedar Grove at 1723 127th Ave Ne, Bellevue, WA 98005 accepts customer drop off. Check for availability and rates. For up-to-date alternative locations for drop-off or to find pick up services, visit King County - What do I do with?

What should I do with mattresses?

Mattresses can be scheduled for a special pickup for a fee, call Republic Services at 425-452-4762 for a quote and to schedule. Mattresses and box springs (up to 6 per customer per day) can also be disposed at any King County Transfer Station, or they can be recycled through programs throughout the area. Visit King County - What do I do with? for more information.

What should I do with fluorescent tubes and bulbs?

Wrap securely in newspaper secured with tape or place bulbs in closed plastic bags and label, “Fluorescent Tubes” (or bulbs). Call 425-452-4762 to schedule curbside pickup. You can also take them to Republic Services’Customer Care & Recycling Drop-off Center at 1600 127th Ave NE, Bellevue. Limit: 2 per collection, maximum 10 per year. Tubes must be no longer than 4 feet. You can also find recycling areas at local businesses for CFL bulbs through PSE bulb recycling information

What should I do with appliances?

Call 425-452-4762 for special curbside pickup. Fees apply to large appliances. Small appliances (2ft x 2ft x 2ft or smaller and less than 60 lbs.) can also be taken to Republic Services’ Customer Care & Recycling Drop-off Center at 1600 127th Ave NE Bellevue. Consider getting small appliances fixed for free at a King County repair café. Visit King County - Fix it events for more information.

Contact Information



Connect With Us