Garbage Service Enhancements Being on January 1, 2017
- New green 95-gallion roll carts (similar to our blue recycling carts) will be provided for automated, twice-weekly trash collection.
- Bulk trash will be collected once per week instead of once per month.
These positive changes will make garbage collection easier, more efficient, and cleaner, and will enhance the appearance of our neighborhoods.
Brand New Roll-Carts for Solid Waste! Residents will begin using the new carts on January 1st. All garbage must be placed in the 95 gallon cart. Carts must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on your scheduled collection day, but no earlier than 7:00 pm the night before. Carts must be placed with the arrows pointing toward the street to allow for the smooth collection of your cart contents.
New Weekly Bulk Trash Pick-Up! Also, beginning January 1, 2017, residential bulk trash collection will be increased from monthly to weekly. Bulk items will be picked up on the 1st day of your scheduled weekly garbage collection. Communities with designated bulk trash areas may have a different schedule. Items that are too large or too heavy to safely load will not be collected. Bulk items may not be placed on, near, or against mailboxes, poles, or fences. Bulk items must be placed curbside no later than 7:00 am on your scheduled bulk trash day, but no earlier than 7:00 pm the night before.
Let's Recycle! Recycling is good for the environment and helps to keep your garbage rates low. Please combine all recyclables in your blue recycling cart or designated City bin and place it outside by 7:00 am on your scheduled collection day.
- Newspapers, catalogs, magazines, junk mail, office paper, soft covered books, file folders, and crushed boxes.
- Cardboard from non-food items such as shipping boxes (please flatten, fold, or cut to fit inside the recycling cart).
- Plastic containers (narrow neck only) such as milk, juice, water, detergent, and shampoo containers.
- Glass food and beverage containers.
- Aluminum and steel food/beverage containers.
Empty and rinse containers and remove caps. Please do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
Materials that are NOT acceptable:
- No plastic bags or plastic wrap (these can be dropped off at some retail locations).
- No paint, pesticides or household hazardous waste.
- No Styrofoam, pizza boxes, carbon paper, electronic waste, or medications.
The City provides the opportunity to responsibly dispose of household hazardous waste, electronic waste, medications or other prescription drugs. For more information on disposal events, please visit
www.sunrisefl.gov/hhw. For more information on recycling, please visit