- Grass clippings, twigs, leaves, plants, flowers, tree and plant trimmings, weeds, small branches, etc.
- Trash, recycling, dirt, rocks, sod, plastic bags, poison oak, plastic pots, food, pet waste, etc.
Warning! Contamination in green waste will result in:
- Additional disposal charge of $8.35
- Reduction and/or removal of green waste cart
- Mandatory increase to next level trash cart
If your business or multi-family apartment complex generates organic waste, California Assembly Bill (AB) 1826 requires you to participate in an organics recycling program, depending on how much waste you generate.
The law phases in the requirements over several years. Businesses and multi-family complexes (with 5 or more units) must recycle organic waste by the following dates:
- January 1, 2020 – generators of 2 or more cubic yards of
solid waste per week
- January 1, 2019 – generators of 4 or more cubic yards of
solid waste per week
- January 1, 2017 – generators of 4 or more cubic yards of
organic waste per week
What is organic waste?
- Food waste
- Landscape and yard waste
- Non-hazardous wood waste
Republic Services offers both food waste and yard waste collection services for businesses and multi-family complexes*. This service can be incorporated into your regular weekly service to enhance current diversion activities. By participating in this program, you are helping conserve landfill space, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and complying with City and State laws.
If your business or multi-family complex is subject to AB 1826, please contact our Recycling Coordinator at
831-751-5453 for more information about how to meet the requirements.
*Apartment complexes are not required to recycle food waste, only yard waste
For more information visit:
Bulk Waste Program
Republic Services will provide a bulk item pick-up service for our customers at no additional cost, once every 12 months.
Bulk Items Accepted: chairs, mattresses, couches, large appliances, water heaters, e-waste, etc. We will take up to 2 cubic yards (3’ high x 3’ wide x 6’ long)
Bulk Items NOT Accepted: Loose, boxed or bagged trash, carpet, construction material, wood, paint, batteries, chemicals or hazardous waste.
Call customer service at
831-775-3840 for more information or to schedule a pick-up.