In April 2020, Republic Services announced its $20 million initiative "Committed to Serve" as a way to honor its frontline employees and support our local small business customers to help keep our communities thriving. Learn more...
Proudly Serviced by Republic Services, Inc.
Republic Services provides exclusive recycling and waste collection services for residential and commercial accounts for the City of Rosemead. We offer one-stop shopping for all of the city's waste removal needs. Although we specialize in recycling and solid waste collection, our services go far beyond just emptying the trash bins.
Recycle Rewards Program
Rosemead residential cart customers can now sign up to be rewarded for recycling. Contact
customer service for sign up information.
All you have to do is sign up and recycle. Each quarter we will compare our 10 recycle zones and award the zone with the most recycling collected. If your address is in that zone, you will be awarded a $10.00 gift card to be used at a local Rosemead business.
We will be awarding these gift certificates to the winning zone 4 times a year.
Each residence receives one set of carts, consisting of trash, recycling and yard waste.
- Trash (black): 96-gallon
- Recycling (blue): 96- and 64-gallon
- Yard Waste (green): 96-gallon
Additional trash containers are available for a fee. There is no charge for additional yard waste or recycle containers.
Please contact our customer service department at
online to schedule a delivery or replacement.
Acceptable Recyclables and Unacceptable Recyclables list:
All glass bottles and jars
All plastics labeled #1-7
Aluminum and tin cans
Cereal boxes (please remove liners)
Plastic bags (bagged in a bag)
Plastic milk containers
White ledger paper
Juice and Milk boxes
Ceramics (dishes, etc.)
Window or safety glasses
Additional Residential Services:
- Bulky Items
- Single Family Residential Customers shall receive twenty-five (25) bulky item pickups per year for free, with up to five (5) items per pickup.
- Bulk items include: furniture (chairs, sofas, mattresses and rugs); appliances (refrigerators, ranges, washers, dryers, water heaters, dishwashers, plumbing and small household appliances); and electronic waste.
- Please contact Republic Services 24 hours in advance of pick up at
- Residents with disabilities may be eligible for a discounted rate. Please contact our customer service department at
800-299-4898 for details.
- Senior citizens may be eligible for a discounted rate. Please contact our customer service department at
800-299-4898 for details.
- Holiday Tree Collection
- Republic Services will collect Christmas trees commencing the day after Christmas and culminating 2 weeks after December 25th. Trees should be cut to no longer than 5 feet. The lights, ornaments and tree stands must be removed before placing at curbside.
Republic Services offers recycling services to commercial businesses in the City of Rosemead. We offer our innovative "One Bin Plus" collection system to Rosemead restaurants for the collection of your food wastes. Please contact our customer service department to schedule a free audit, site check for placement of recycle containers and for more information.
AB 1826 - City Resolution to Adopt an Organic Waste Recycling Program
Multi-family communities of 5 or more units are eligible for bulky item pickups.
- Collection will be limited to four (4) items per pickup, with up to four (4) scheduled pickups per year. Please call our customer service department at
800-299-4898 for more information.
- Multi-family customers must schedule a pickup at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance, excluding weekends and holidays.
Additional Commercial Services
Please contact Republic Services at
online for more information.
Book Collection and Donation
Simply donate your used or unwanted books at the local Republic Services Rosemead office at 3953 N. Muscatel Avenue, Rosemead, CA 91770.
3953 N. Muscatel Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770
Mon., Wed., Fri. 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
(12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Closed)